Friday, September 7, 2007

A "Bazaar" Day

September 7, 2007
Well today was a much better day. I actually slept, that was a huge bonus. I woke up however to three strange Romanian men standing at the foot of my couch. Definitely not something you wake up to normally. They were repair men and they had come to fix our toilet and measure our windows. :/

After they left we went to the Bazaar. It was really fun to walk around and see tons of Romanian people. It was huge. I got a couple items:) Shopping always seems to brighten my spirits. As I walked around I felt like the people selling the items thought I was either deaf or rude. I never had the slightest idea as to what they were saying or even if they were talking to me. I usually just kept walking hoping that maybe they were talking to the person behind me:) We then came back and Mehai came over to fix the Internet. We now have wireless, I think I cried... It was really hard sharing. We then went to the villa and had English lessons with the branch. I really like the branch everyone is really nice and friendly. The missionaries are always willing to help. Oh and I got these really good beef sticks at the grocery store:)

One little quirk about Romania that I have not mentioned before is the money. It is really sort of funny how they do change. First off they hate it when you don't have the exact amount. They get pretty irritated, if you are lucky. Most of the time they just keep the change. I have hardly ever gotten change back and if I do it is usually whatever the cashier grabs. It is funny because that is how it is all over Romania. It is also very rare to see anyone smile. It can make things a little depressing when you smile and no one smiles back. I think it is starting to rub off on me. I am usually a natural smiler but today I noticed that I was checking out at the grocery store and I didn't. Which is really sad because I love to smile and make people happy. I guess I am going to have to make a more conscious effort from now on!


"Each of you has a part to play in this great and marvelous work.
The Savior will help you. He will lead you by the hand (see D&C 112:10;
Abraham 1:18)."

No comments: