Saturday, September 15, 2007

Death by Chocolate

September 15, 2007


I am really starting to enjoy my Saturday's here in Romania. They usually have little festivals or fun things going on. It makes for an interesting and new afternoon. Since this morning we for some reason did not wake up until 11:30 we had sort of a late start on the day.


Once we got up and got ready we went to the park in front of the Romanian Grand Opera. On Saturday afternoons a bunch of local painters come and set up there work for sale. It was incredible. All of these local painters gather and discuss painting and sell their work. It was so fun.


I love art and the fact that is was original work made it so enticing. So I bought this beautiful painting that is absolutely incredible. I love it so much and when I go home it will be the perfect item to remind me of Romania and how much I love it here. I just love it so much.


After going to the art festival we came home and Mihai taught us how to cook Romanian style. It was really fun. We cooked an authentic Romanian dish called Sarmali stuffed in peppers. It was delicious. I really liked it and I am so excited to come home and make it for everyone.


However through out the day I had started to not feel very good and plus my ankle has still been bothering me. So i decided not to go to sport's night at the branch. Which was probably a good idea. I stayed home and rested it, and i am starting to feel a little bit better now.


We then had our weekly girls night. We watched Ever After. I love that movie so much! It really is so cute and just makes you feel so good inside. Ha ha ha something funny Natasha bought these chocolate items from the store to share at girls night. Well they started eating them and one of the girls turned to me and said, “I think there might be something wrong with these, will you try it and tell me I am just crazy?” Well I tried it and ha it was chocolate liqueur. Ha ha ha she tried to intoxicate us. I laughed so hard. We will definitely have to be a little bit more careful next time:)


No comments: