Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sunday's are Special

September 9, 2007

Today was our first Sunday in Romanian. It was really neat, even though I understood probably about two words when I did not have a translator. I never really understood the saying the church that the spirit is the same no matter where you go. I found out today that it is so true. Even though I had no idea what in the world they were saying, I could feel it. I could feel the spirit and the testimony of the person speaking, it was incredible.


I think in the branch they have the motto of “flying by the seat of our pants”. They are so funny. If you are a teacher or a member or can speak you need to be prepared to teach at a moments notice. Luckily I did not have to teach but two of the other girls did and I am teaching next week. It is going to be interesting teaching Relief Society and teaching it with a translator. Today in Relief Society the sister missionaries had to teach a different class unexpectedly so Elder Loveland translated. It was so funny because I guess he had never been to Relief Society before so it was a new experience for him. He learned all about how the sisters in Romanian do their food storage and the best canning techniques. It was really funny to watch his facial expressions as he translated.


Walking home from church I felt like a sister missionary. It was a funny feeling to feel like I was on a errand for the Lord. It made me think about going on a mission and if I get the chance what an amazing experience that would be. Seriously the sister missionaries in the branch are amazing. They speak beautifully and they testify powerfully....I might like them more than the elders:)

We had group dinner night tonight. We had Fajitas with homemade tortillas(which I made). It was really good, a nice change from the salami that I ate every other day this week. I love Mexican food, sad I am already starting to miss it and I have been gone for a week. I really am spoiled.


Well until tomorrow.....


No comments: