Friday, September 14, 2007

An Evening with the Sora's

September 14, 2007

So for the first part of the day everything was just normal. I woke up, read my scriptures, got ready for the day. Yada, yada, yada. We went to the grocery store, I organized my closet:)

We had a Relief Society activity and they needed some help setting up so Christina and I went early to help. Little did we know the adventure that was in store. Sora Padarue is the president and she is hilarious. Her and her first counselor Sora Jenni bicker back and forth nonstop. It is pretty funny for all those watching because they are just so funny. So anyway we are eating a light dinner so we start helping prepare it. They don't speak English so the sort of point and say what they want in Romanian and we tried to discern what that meant. It was rather humerus. We made this Romanian potato salad and a fruit salad.

The whole time we were cooking they would be handing us food to eat and taste. It was definitely different to be constantly eating items and be cooking at the same time. There was no way to say no... Once Sora Padarue started mixing the potato salad with her hands I sot of lost all of my appetite. I think that they really like mayo over there because as they were spooning it out of the jars they would take spoonfuls for themselves, that was sort of hard to watch.


I honestly felt like I was in My Big Fat Greek Wedding this entire time. It was chaos and they kept yelling things at my in Romanian. I had no idea what they were saying. I could not help but laugh. And then the real party started. I never knew that in Romanian culture they dance at ALL events. It was hilarious, I have never laughed so hard then when Sora Jenni started dancing in the middle of the chairs. Oh my it was insane. I knew things were getting a little out of hand when Sora Jenni ripped off her jacket. I though maybe she had gone crazy....


They are very very competitive as well, now picture with me 65 year old women all yelling out and screaming to get the right answer in a trivia game. The Sora's and I just looked at each other and could not stop laughing. It was definitely and experience that i would not have in the U.S.


Oh and by the way we had a Macerana dancing contest and guess who won first place?? Oh me:)

No comments: