Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Orange Miracle







September 5, 2007
Laura woke us up today around twelve. I could have slept for another three. I guess 14 hours of sleep was enough.(The picture of the couch is where I sleep, it is not too bad if you consider its nick name to be the "Big Khunk" oh and that is me sleeping at the airport) For most of the day my body felt asleep and worn out. My mind was awake but for some reason my body was not reacting to my brain's commands. It was mostly a house cleaning day. We had a meeting with Mario. She is an amazing woman and I am excited to get to know her a little better.(she is a Romanian women who is hired by BYU to help us out a bit). We then walked around the city and bit, went shopping to get a few items and stopped by the Orange store.
I cannot express to you how happy it made me to get my phone working. That first text form you know who instantly made me happy again. I felt connected and loved, something I had not yet felt in Romania. It was a mazing to me at how such a simple thing could make me so happy. I guess it shows how dependent we have become to those little luxuries that living in the US have afforded us. Well i am going to eat dinner...French Toast. Cu Drag!!Oh and just for you Heff, here is a picture of our lovely toilet:)

No comments: