Friday, September 7, 2007

A Long Night...and Day

September 6, 2006

Today was an interesting day. To start things off I got to bed last night-this morning at around 8 am. None of us could sleep because of Jet lag. It was so crazy, I was not tired at all and those of you who know me know that that is a rare occurrence after 10 pm. We stayed up late trying to fix the wireless internet, which still is not fixed. Hopefully soon.

We had to be at the bank this morning at 10:30, strangely enough those two and a half hours of sleep lasted me for most of the day. For the rest of the day we walked around Iasi and looked at most of the historic sites. It really is such a beautiful city, very old and magical.

We then went to Outreach. It is a program run by the couple missionaries for the youth. They can come and hangout and play games. It was fun, I got a calling. I am now a relief society teacher—in Romanian. That is going to be interesting.

I think I had my first little bit of culture shock/home sickness today. I was napping on the couch between walking around and Outreach and I just got really sad. I felt alone, I have not really bonded much with the girls here yet and I dont really have anyone to talk to. I dont get very many emails or phone calls from the US and I am pretty lonely. I think I become really disconnected with those around me when I dont really know them. It is hard for me open up, I miss not having to hold everything in. I miss all of my friends and family back home. It is hard for me to recognize why I am here because we have not yet been to the orphanage or hospital. It all came back into focus when I got to the branch. I am here for the people. I want to be able to learn and grow from them. They are so amazing and beautiful. I know that the Lord wants me here so that I can serve but he also wants me here to grow. It may be hard for me but I think that is what this is all about. It is not all suppose to be easy, if it was I would not grow half as much. And really that is what this is all about, me growing. Nobody ever told me it was going to be easy:)

Well i am off to bed...hopefully

Cu drag!

1 comment:

Jefferson and Erica said...

Good gravy Dani...Do you have a phone number we can call? There is no reason for you to feel all bottled up. :)

P.S. I cut my hair. :)