Sunday, September 30, 2007

Romanian Experiences

September 29, 2007


Today was definitely a new Romanian day. I experienced a lot of things I haven't before! It was really fun. We started out by going to Aurelia's house. She is a investigator and she amazes me at how strong and happy she always is. She lives at a boarding school and she is an orphan. We went over and had a dance party with her. It was actually really fun. The school was definitely a little scary but we had a lot of fun. She taught us a dance and then showed us her ballroom salsa moves. I laughed a lot and it was fun to sort of let go and have fun.


After that we were suppose to meet the Sora's at the train station to go to the branch picnic. We almost missed it and that was a little stressful. The picnic was really really fun. It was down in the valley on the far side of Iasi. There was a little lake and a bunch of trees. We had Romanian pizza which is really really good except for the fact that they dont put pizza sauce on it, and we had some grapes and apples. It was nice to hang out with the branch and get to know everyone a little better.

I started to walk along the bank of the lake and it was disgusting. From a far it looks really pretty and serene. Up close is a totally different story. There was tons of litter lining the banks, there was leeches in the water and even a syringe with the needle still intacted. It was a little scary, definitely toxic waters. But anyway we had fun trying to catch frogs and taking pictures with them.

Some of the old men in the branch had fun trying to teach us how to whistle. They dont really care if they spit on you he he he.


After the picnic we played Saturday sports. It was really fun. I am starting to actually enjoy playing soccer. We had our girls night after that. We watched “13 going on 30” it was fun

.

So I am not really sure whats going on in Baby City but I would liked to be filled in. Where's the baby?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dani,
Jessica and Your father told me about your blogspot and I got on line today and have thoroughly enjoyed your site. It is fun to see what you have been doing and to hear about your testimony and how it is growing and the wonderful opportunities that you are having.
I guess that by now you have heard about Kevin's death and funeral. It was sad but we also got to know Kevin better as well as Catia. I'm so grateful for that. We will all miss him but we know that we will see him again. There were many people there for the funeral.
It was good to see Chandler, your father and Jackie. I'm glad they told me about your blog site.
I hope that we will be able to see pictures soon of Dyson Michael Richards. Derrick is doing well on the team. In Saturday's game he made a return of a punt and made a touch down. It was very exciting. But I'm sure you have hear all about this. Anyway, it was fun to read your blog site. I hope that that was alright.

Love,
Venita and Eldon.