Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Beach / Crazy Day

September 21, 2007


We decided that we wanted a little girl time this morning. So we got up early and left the boys to hangout by themselves. We went and walked around to the shops and did a little bit of shopping. It was really fun to number one hangout with just the girls and to number two go shopping! Ha my favorite past time:)


We then went back to the apartment and go ready to go to the beach. Besides the fact that it was about 40 degrees outside, we were excited. We all jumped into our swim suits and went to take some pictures on the beach. We did not actually swim but we got wet and had fun. The Black Sea is really dark and mossy. I am used to the clear blue water of California. It was definitely a change but it really was beautiful. We did not stay for very long because we were freezing but that is okay we walked on the beach later that day.


There was a special Dolphin show going on while we were there so we decided that we would go. It was definitely not Sea World. I loved it for the fact that it was so original and completely Romanian. I dont really know how to describe it besides saying it was fast and efficient. Not really the American show we are used to but I did not come to Romania to get American situations.


After coming out of the show were saw a large group forming on the side walk of the street. We went and looked at what was happening. I guess a man had committed suicide by slitting his throat and was found with the doors locked in his car. I will never forget the image of that man. What disturbed me the most was the way the police handled the situation. IT was sort of in a callous and harsh way that had no feeling. They never covered the body or blocked off the road. They let things run as normal like nothing different really was happening. It made me feel really blessed that I am American. Not just in the fact that our police handle things differently but that I have the gospel and that I am able to feel safe in my country. Not that I don't feel safe here because I do, but it is a different feeling of safe. I don't know how to describe it but it just really made me glad to be an American.


After that we tried to have a little shift in atmospheres and took a nice long walk on the beach. It was so beautiful to walk on the beach at sunset and collect sea glass and shells. Sea glass is my absolute favorite and I got tons. I also found some huge shells on the beach. It made it really fun to be able to find cool things like that. Normally I end up with a few tiny oyster shells:)


Next we went to the Villa and watched a movie for their outreach night. It was really fun and strange at the same time. A investigator in there branch asked me out, luckily there was this really cool missionary in the room and let him know that that was not allowed. Ha he and I laughed about it later on. He asked me out merely by the fact that he knew I was a ballet dancer and he was very strange about it. Like at the birthday party he asked to take a picture with me and wanted me to do an arabesque and I of course declined but none the less it was awkward. We ended up watching A Night at the Museum. It was fabulous. I really liked it, it was super funny and clean. Yay!


No comments: