Monday, September 17, 2007

A Day in My Romanian LIfe

September 17, 2007


Well we thought maybe we would be going to the Orphanage but Child Protection Services never called. But we did find out that we get to start for sure on Wednesday! I am really excited.

I spent most of the day getting caught up on my homework and trying to fix my computer. It was a little bit of a nightmare but I think everything is fixed now. I had this huge virus and our internet kept going down so I could not get it fixed with Adrian but finally everything worked out.


We went to the hospital again today. Everyday I go I just realize how much I am needed here. If just to sit and hold this little boy for two hours so that he had someone to hold him, it is worth it. He was so beautiful. I did not even find out his name because none of the nurses knew it but he was the sweetest little boy. He had blonde hair and blue eyes which is rare for a Romanian. When I held him he would cling to me and lye his little head on my shoulder and sleep. He loved it when I would hold him but would not cry when I had to put him down. When I first started playing with him he was very emotionally closed off. He would not react in anyway and would just stare. But he more and more I patted his back and held his hands the more he warmed up. By the end he was laughing and smiling. The sad thing is that that is completely because of him being an orphan. He has not mental disabilities that i could tell and was completely functional. He might be suffering from a slight attachment disorder but hopefully not. He was so fun to be able to play with him and love him.


We had Family Home Evening tonight at the branch. It was nice, short and sweet. We had a lesson an praying to Heavenly Father and receiving answers. I have noticed since being here and going on splits that so many of the member and investigators struggle with that. I tis such an important element of the gospel. I have no idea what I would do if I did not think that God was listening to my prayers. That fact that I know he is there and he loves me keeps me a float everyday.


We are supposedly going to Constanta on Wednesday but we have no idea where we are going to sleep. Sniff. I hope we are able to go because if we don't go now i am not sure if we will be able to go. Our semester is super packed and busy. Like I said in my last post I will be home before I know it!

Love you!


No comments: