Friday, September 28, 2007

A Girly Night

September 28, 2007


Today was a crazy day. We started out at the orphanage which is really starting to go well. I think it will keep getting better and better as I get to know the children and the workers. I just want them to be adopted so badly. I know that there problems will go down greatly because of that. It would help them so much. The chances of them getting adopted are pretty low though, no one usually adopts a handicapped child even with mild disabilities.


We took the Soras' and the Wrights to lunch today. We went to a restaurant called “Little Texas”. It was supposedly suppose to be like Texas and have American food. It was still Romanian-American but it was really good. They had Mexican food that i have missed having so that was nice to have.

After lunch Christina and I ran to Kaufland's with the Soras to get stuff for the YW's girls night activity. We shopped for a little bit and then headed home. We got lost. Sniff we have no idea how to get a taxi or a maxitaxi I almost started crying. We had walked there once so we started to walk home. It was pretty scary actually walking through the streets of Iasi not really knowing where we were going. We made it back but it took us forever. Sigh


The Girl's Night with the YW was so much fun. It was fun to be able to do girly things with them that they really never get the chance to do. I really think they enjoyed themselves and I loved watching the looks on their faces after the makeovers and nail polish.


Oh just a couple of side notes. I sister is having her baby tomorrow! YAY I am so excited!!! and also I have like 20 flea bites on my body, he he he I guess we have fleas in my apartment. The Sora's are going to kill them though so that will be good.


No comments: