Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Not So Harry Potter-like Train Ride

September 19, 2007


I have felt really sick for most of the day. I think I am getting the body flu that all of my roommates have had as well as the Sora's. I feel so terrible.

I stayed home for most of the day sleeping and resting. Sora Back came over and gave us language lessons. She is so amazing. I am so glad that we have gotten to become better friends. She taught us a few phrases and words in Romanian and then we chatted. She wants us to send her off at the train station when she leaves. She really has been such an amazing missionary and I am so grateful for the example she has been to me. It is going to be sad but I am excited to take a few classes with her for winter semester.


Speaking of classes if I plan on graduating by next summer, not this upcoming summer but next summer. My schedule is going to be crazy. Full time all the way through. But if it works out that I can graduate by then than it will be totally worth it. If not I will just never graduate and never have a life because I will be a forever student:)


We went to Outreach today before we left on the train for Constanta. It was......fun.... There was this “forever investigator” boy that kept talking to me. It was really bad. He kept bringing up conversations that were contrary to the gospel or are hot topics in the church. It was my first time ever that I honestly was so surprised by some of the things he said and the way he acted. It was really hard for me to be able to compose and defend the church because I was so taken back by his comments.


We went to McDonald's before we left on the train. I was really excited to go because it is American food. After eating I realized why I did not really like McDonald's at home. I felt pretty sicker after, not a good thing because I was already sick.

We took a train ride to Constanta. It was nine hours of heck. I have been really sick so as you can imagine it was crazy. I was originally excited for my first Harry Potter train ride but it was terrible. The bathroom was foul. I have never used a bathroom as bad as the one on the train. I laugh about it now but it really was terrible. I would not be surprised if I got even sicker from using it. The toilet goes on to the train tracks. That might just give you a small picture of what it was like...


Anyway I am going to go back to sleep.


No comments: